I’ve been contacted by a few people concerned about the possibility of dropping iPhone 3G and earlier device support. As a result and after some experimentation I’ve found I can, for the time being, support all the existing devices that are supported and also support the new iPhone 5 by using an older compiler.
I’ve been trying to get to the bottom of the problems some people have been experiencing with incorrect RPM readings on MS1Extra. After analysing files supplied by those experiencing the problem and running the configurations up in my test environment I’ve finally got to the bottom of the problem and the latest test version contains a fix. It turned out to be a problem with the way the app was determining the number of cylinders and this was then leading to rogue calculations.
I’ll release this version to the app store after testing is complete.